Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a run

If you're reading this you may think that this is about well, running. You would be wrong. Although I am always impressed by the fit and not so fit women and men along every road and path that are out there, pounding along the pavement in all kinds of conditions, the last time I actually ran was ... well I can't remember but I am relatively sure that something was chasing me.

No what this is about is a run of luck, not bad necessarily and not good, but quirky, weird luck. I just want a break from the craziness, just for a week or so. We've had lightning disable a well, a computer brain in an suv, and play havoc with our phone lines.
I have had two dogs, sisters no less, being out of sorts with each other a lot. We have had tick bites, disagreements with orthodontists, and still have some forms to fill out for the upcoming freshman year my youngest is about to undertake for her next four years of college.
We have physicals to take and records to get and the days are flying by.
Bad roommates run out on rent, and trash as they leave, and the temperature just doesn't want to give us a break.

I just need all this to stop. Not forever, because to believe that would be foolish,but for just a few days. To catch my breath, to refocus, to read that book that sits on the table taunting me to open it. I need renewed, well as renewable as a soon to be 60 year old woman can be. I want to sleep in and not do all the laundry that has accumulated while the well was malfunctioning.
I want to drink coffee, put my feet up and read.
Well I like fairy tales but don't believe in them and this is what I have asked for..so perhaps I should make another request. In September.

No comments:

Post a Comment